We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights regarding your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities if you have a complaint.
1. Who We Are
ROI Revolution, Inc. collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
2. The Personal Information We Collect and Use
2.1. Information Collected by Us
When you click on a form requesting information or access to materials from us, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- your first and last name, your telephone number and email address.
- in certain instances, we may collect additional information such as your place of employment, marketing budgets and revenue.
If you submit an inquiry or download materials related to our services, we may also request information about your place of employment including the name of the organization, your job title, the organization’s website URL, the organization’s AdWords spend figures, and other information about the company’s interest in and approach to the types of services we provide.
If you choose to apply for a job through our site, we may request information about your education, other qualifications, and employment preferences.
If you attempt to make a purchase, we may request payment information. You may elect not to provide us with all of the information we request. However, in that event, certain features of our websites may not be available or fully functional.
2.2. Information Collected from Other Sources
We also obtain personal information in order to gain a better understanding of user needs and interests. The type of information we gather from other sources includes:
- background information regarding your affiliation, title, employer from public sources such as your Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts.
- websites that you visit via cookies. Other organizations, such as ad networks, may be permitted to place cookies or similar technologies through our websites, and they may collect identifiable information about your online activities over time or across different websites.
Residents of the European Union will only be tracked via cookies if they have explicitly consented to such tracking.
At this time, our websites does respond to browser “do-not-track signals,” which may be emitted by your browser to request that websites refrain from placing cookies and similar technologies.
As described above, you can use your browser settings to block some or all cookies, but doing so may impair the functionality of our websites.
2.3. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- provide you the materials you have requested;
- suggest other materials or offer services that might interest you;
- enable our staff to contact you regarding products or services that fit your needs;
- communicating with you, such as to address feedback you may provide or to advise you of our services, promotions, and pricing;
- processing purchases you make;
- allowing you to use interactive website features, such as commenting on blog posts;
- operating, analyzing and improving our websites, including modifying or adding features and developing content and communication strategies;
- administering or improving our business and our services, the applications and other processes we use to deliver those services, and the promotional materials we have developed to describe those services;
- performing research and analyses;
- protecting the integrity of our websites, information systems, and security;
- preventing physical harm or financial loss; and
- engaging in certain administrative purposes, such as risk management, fulfilling legal obligations, addressing compliance needs, and resolving or defending legal claims.
2.4. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We may share your personal information with a third party vendor that assists us with our mailing. This data sharing enables us to mail information to you.
In certain cases, such as bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, sale, or change of control, you data may be transferred to a third party. We may also share information with our subsidiaries.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law, or to prevent physical harm or property loss.
We may share your data with other companies or individuals that contract to provide services, such as data analytics or website optimization, in order to enable them to perform those services.
2.5. Whether and Why You Have to Provide Information
The provision of your name, e-mail, address and telephone number enables us to provide you with the materials that you request, and to determine if other materials or services may be appropriate for you. At the point of information collection, you will be notified of the need to provide information. At that point you can elect to proceed or not provide information. However, we may not be able to provide you with some features or functionality without the information.
2.6. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
A period of three years from the last date of website or email activity. ROI has determined that three years of data enables us to stay connected with users who are most likely to use our services.
2.7. Reasons We Can Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We rely on consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
3. Consequences of Our Use of Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information to provide you with the materials you request, other materials that may be relevant to you, or to enable our staff to contact you. We may also use it to improve the functioning of our products, including advertising and usage analytics.
4. Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
We store your data in the United States. The laws of the United States of America may not provide the same protections as those of the EEA.
5. Your Rights
You have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, they include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you;
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call, or write using the contact details below;
- Let us have enough information to identify you [(e.g., email address, account number, user name, registration details)];
- Let us know the information to which your request relates;
We may need to request specific information from you to verify your identity and protect your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is disclosed only to persons entitled to receive it. We may also contact you for further information regarding your request to speed up our response.
6. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
The Internet is not a secure medium. Nevertheless, we maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards intended to protect identifying information we collect when you use our websites, such as secure sockets layer encryption technology on all pages of the websites, restricted access of data, and employee training.
7. How to Complain
We hope that ROI Revolution can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. Please contact us at the address or number below.
8. Changes to This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was published on October 24th, 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email update.
9. How to Contact Us
Please contact ROI Revolution, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact ROI Revolution, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to ROI Revolution, Inc., 4401 Atlantic Ave., Raleigh, NC 27604 USA, or call 919-954-5955.
10. Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see “How to contact us” above).