The ROI Revolution Blog
Google Analytics Report Enhancer Updates
October 21, 2008
BREAKING UPDATE! I had to make an update to the GAREnhancer Monday, March 9 at 10:00am ET due to recent interface changes. If the script is broken is broken for you, re-download the script and you should be all set.
I've decided to create a separate entry for some of the latest updates to the GAREnhancer Greasemonkey script. Most of these are just small things that can make your Google Analytics (and now Google Website Optimizer) life a little easier.
If you need the latest version of the GAREnhancer, click here.
The GAREnhancer is a Greasemonkey script. If you don't have Greasemonkey, you can get it by clicking here.
If you have no clue what the GAREnhancer does, you can read the original article by clicking here
Here's a quick summary of the most recent changes:
1. By-Pass Google Website Optimizer A/B Validation:
This lets you click on the continue button rather than validating for A/B Experiments. It's especially handy if you are converting all of your website optimizer code from urchin.js to ga.js since Google Website Optimizer won't validate for ga.js. You can still go ahead and validate if you want that extra assurance that your urchin.js code is correct.
2. Change Active Goal default from "Off" to "On":
A while back, the default active goal setting changed from "On" to "Off." This sets it back to "On."
3. Add Account numbers to existing profiles in "Add Website Profile" manager:
This shows you the account number associated with each domain in the existing domains list. It also shows you what account number you will create if you add a profile for a new domain.
4. Add raw conversion numbers for Search Terms report in Site Search Section:
Expands the scope of the modified goal tab functionality already existent in the GAREnhancer to include the Site Search -> Search Terms report.
- The script should now work for Firefox 3. Just re-download the script and you should be all set. Thanks for pointing this out, Alex!
- I've dropped continuing support of the showing 100 profiles feature in favor of John's script. The idea of getting this to work without redirects is nice in theory, but too difficult to maintain in practice with all the interface updates.
- Fixed several issues with column sorting. Thanks, Shawn!
- Segmenting enhancement works again. Was broken due to recent interface changes. (10/22/2008)
- Fixed issue that used to break one of the steps for setting up Google Website Optimizer experiments.
If you notice any additional bugs, or if there's some type of functionality that you would really like to see in the GAREnhancer, let me know!
Google Analytics for Online Advertisers
Here at ROI Revolution, we consider Google Analytics tracking essential for paid search, so it's included in our PPC Campaign Management service.
Post Your Comments